AU PAIRS / CARERS
View Families Profiles
Add additional docs
What Au Pair Europe offers:
- Safe and secure environment to find your perfect placement
- Advice and downloads to help you in your search
- Easy-to-use search function to find your perfect match within seconds
- The most detailed profiles available to help you make your choice
- The ability to make a list of your favourite profiles
- Communication with possible matches via email, private messages, Skype or chat online via our site
- Notifications when someone contacts you
- Access to all the information you need on host countries and Au Pair Programs
What is an Au Pair? – Au Pair Europe
An Au Pair is a young person usually aged between 18 and 30, unmarried with no children, who goes abroad for a temporary period to live with a host family. While there, the Au Pair acts as a temporary extra family member, and assists his/her host family with childcare and light housework.
The term ‘Au Pair’ is French and means “by mutual agreement”. With this in mind, Au Pairs receive pocket money; live free of charge with their host families, just like regular family members; and share meals with the families. The pocket money and amount of working hours are defined by the regulations of the host country. The main objective of an Au Pair placement is the mutual cultural exchange within an informal setting. The Au Pair gains new experiences, impressions and perspectives – all advantages, both personally and in their future careers.
How does the Au Pair program work?
The Au Pair program is primarily a cultural exchange, so the host family and Au Pair need to belong to different nationalities. The first challenge is the find the perfect match for both parties. Then there are several organisational points to consider before the Au Pair travels to the host family’s country; these include visa, insurance, bank account and packing. To make sure there is complete cooperation between Au Pair and the host family, and that there are no misunderstandings, an Au Pair contract is signed, on which all the important details are noted.
Please remember to check with your Host Country to see if you have Visa requirements.
Example table of Countries vs Pocket Money
|COUNTRY||Hours / Per Wk||Pocket Money Per Month|
|Germany||30||€310 (€260 + €50)|